Team Honduras

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Mother's Day

This year was a special Mother's Day here for me.  It is so amazing to think that I have been a momma for 17 years. Wow! Even writing that seems even more crazy. The Lord has blessed me with 4 wonderful children that I can see and care for everyday. Taylor, 17; Hunter almost 15; Josiah, 5 and Micah 2. HE also gave me three more Zoey, Noah and Uriah who have gone to be with the King of KINGS in heaven. Our miracle baby Micah turned 2 years old on mother's day. He was born by emergency c-section in a hospital in San Pedro Sula, Honduras. He has lived his entire life outside of the U.S.A. He has only visited for 3 weeks of his entire life to the place that Mark and I call home. I know that God has big plans for this little fellow and all of our children. Not only do I have the responsibility to be a mom to my 4 but I get to be a mom to 13 more that are not my blood. I pray that I will be the kind of mother that God would be pleased of. The role of a mom is not to be taken lightly. Each child is a unique and special gift from above. I know many women out there that can not have a child of their own. I do not know why God has made that decision. I like to think that it is because he has a special child in mind for them. A child that would come into this world to parents that never wanted kids but have spared the life of the child and given hope to another couple. I do know that if you want to.....you can love any child like your own. We have 13 of those as proof. We are all God's children to start...some will reject HIM and others will accept HIM and they will be in the adopted family of the Lord. I know that this is late....but I really hope that all of the mothers out there had a Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment