Team Honduras

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Well.....what happened...where did the time go?

              I know that we can all say that once upon a time...ok at least once a day we look down at our watch and say..."Where did the time go?" I think back on my teen years and young adult years and think about the same thing. I was saved at a young age but I must confess that I did not do all that I could have during those early years of my life.  Now, I think about all that I could have done for the Lord, but we can not dwell on or live in the past. So, that is why  you need to do all that you can today.  We all have had good intentions but we can all look around and see where we failed to reach the goal that we had set. Maybe there are books that we purchased that sit neatly stacked on a shelf that we never took the time to read. It could be a nice pack of greeting cards that you meant to mail out to those sick in your church or the ones that just needed an encouraging word. God has given us 24 hours, 1,440 minutes and 86,400 seconds in everyday that will be spent in some way or fashion. The time that God gives us is ours to spend and we must determine how we spend it. We can fill it with life building life experiences or let it slip right through our finger-tips.


I know that being here in language school Mark and I spend alot of time studying. Sometimes we come home straight from school and study in some fashion until almost time to start dinner. Then there are times where we are so tired that we have lunch and put Josiah down for a nap and crash ourselves. However, it is very important that we always use the time that we have to spend with our children and also to share the gospel with those in this world. We are very excited that we are learning words and phrases in Spanish. We are in great anticipation of the day that we can share the Romans Road in Spanish to those that we meet here on the streets in San Jose. Please pray that we will use our time wisely and learn quickly what the Lord would allow us to absorb in the year that we have here. As for my readers just remember that God gave you this day and it is up to you on how you spend it.

 "I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. "
John 9:4

No comments:

Post a Comment