Team Honduras

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Don't Miss the BIG PICTURE.........

During World War II parachutes were being constructed by the thousands in factories all over the United States. For the workers they saw this as a tedious job of stitching together large pieces of fabric for 8-10 hours at a time. From their point of view it was a hard job that left their fingers, backs and eyes sore from strain. 
  However, their point of view changed when the manager of the factory explained to them that each successfully made parachute would help aid in saving the life of a soldier. It was even more motivating when he explained that they may even be used by some of their family; brother, husband, father and friend. The big picture was that their job of stitching hour after hour each yard of fabric now held more meaning for them.

My blog for today has two parts. The first part is to pay tribute to all the men and women who have served our wonderful country. It is also a tribute to thank all of those who serve at the present moment. I have friends who have loved ones that are currently serving some have even just been brought back to the states. It is because of people like you who see your job as the "BIG PICTURE" and help protect our freedoms and home-front.  So, for that our family says, "THANK YOU".
The second part of this is as much for myself as it it for my readers. I sit and think how tedious it is to learn verbs, adjectives, nouns, pronouns and so on in Spanish. You see, learning all those things are not the big picture. The big picture is that when we are finished here we will be able to minister to the people of Honduras. The great thing is that knowing Spanish we will be able to speak to a whole new group of people. I want to conclude with these thoughts. Don't let the tedious everyday things that you do wear you down. We need to focus on what we do, why we do it and how it can benefit God. We might not know what God has called us to do and why.....but HE DOES.  

(2)In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go and prepare a place for you. (3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.   John 14:2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment