Team Honduras

Monday, August 2, 2010

Joy and Hope.....Learning to Sing in Spanish........

Recently in one of our classes we were able to learn some hymns and songs of praise in Spanish. This was one of my favorite things about this paticular class. In "fonetica" or phonics class we have been learning the tools that we need to be good readers and speakers. It is amazing for me to think just how much I learned as I can now pick up a book or paper and read it. I might not know all the words but at least I can read it. As the trimester is closing to an end our teacher pulled out some songs so that we could learn how to sing in Spanish. I must say that I was excited about doing this. It is so amazing to hear a song even in Spanish and how it can touch your heart. When singing one of the songs it brought such joy into my heart. Here is the song is Spanish and I will translate the title for you so you know what it is...but everyone should know this song for it is a very popular hymn:

?Que me puede dar perdon? Solo de Jesus la sangre.
?Y un nuevo corazon? Solo de Jesus la sangre.
Precioso es el raudal, que limpia todo mal, no hay otro manantial,
solo de Jesus la sangre.
(Nothing but the Blood of Jesus)


There is such joy in that song for those who are saved while there is such hope in that song for those who are not. We as Christians put our faith and trust in Jesus and know that he is the only way. He is the truth and the life. We know that you can not go to Heaven except by putting your faith and trust in Jesus Christ. It is not from good that you or I have done. It is not from the money that you have or give. It is not from even being called into service for the Lord. Our salvation comes through Jesus Christ and HIM alone. As for the world and those who are non-believers they put their faith and trust in things of this world. Maybe for some it is a job or money. For others maybe it is another human.  Those who are unsaved are blinded to the truths that Jesus is the only way to Heaven. It is our job as Christians to share with others that there is "Nothing but the Blood of Jesus" that can make us whole and can send us to Heaven when we die. It is our responsiblity to share the news with others that brings us so much JOY! Is our world perfect as a Christian........NO! Why because the devil is always out seeking whom he may devour. But we have JOY anyway because we know that one day we will live forever in a place that is beyond human comprehension and meet the one who sacrficed all so that we could be there too. I challenge my readers to share this good news of Joy and Hope with someone this week.

John 16:33 says "These things have I spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

2 Thessalonians 2: 16-17 says  "Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace. Comfort your hearts, and stablish you and every good word and work."

No comments:

Post a Comment