Monday, August 30, 2010
Starting a New Family Tradition
1. Decorate your Christmas Tree with prayers cards of missionaries that have been to your church or that you know and support.
2. Place prayer cards in your napkin holder on your table and each night pull out one to pray for as you pray for your meal.
3. Have a prayer board (we use a whiteboard) and write down prayer requests and praises
4. Place prayer cards in a 4x6 photo album and use as a reminder for birthdays, anniversaries and simply praying for their families.
5. Include your whole family in prayer there are five of us and all 5 pray including our 2 yr old little Josiah.
6. We have also started a tradition that we as parents only buy 3 gifts for our children for Christmas. Seems fitting Jesus received 3 gifts so that is the number we will buy for our kids. We usually buy 1 really nice gift and 2 smaller ones.
I hope that this helps to start some new traditions in your homes since the Holiday Season (meaning Thanksgiving and Christmas) is really just right around the corner. I would love to hear your family traditions so please post a comment and share. I also want to see how many readers I do have and so I am going to do a drawing. You can get your name in the drawing by doing the following:
1. post and leave a comment
2. Become a follower
3. Suggest my blog to a friend (have them leave a comment w/your name)
(saying that you suggested they follow and learn more about H.O.H.)
At the end of November the winner will be picked and a bag of wonderful Costa Rican Coffee will be mailed to you. **Those who are already followers have their name in the pot already. So keep reading and good luck to you all...
Thanks to you all who already pray and support our family and ministry.....it is because of you we can carry out the Lord's Plans.(BE SURE TO CLICK ON THE FOLLOWERS LINK) and add yourself as a follower.