Team Honduras

Friday, November 2, 2012

All I Want for Christmas......




It is hard to believe that Christmas is just around the corner. We were talking to the kids in the home and were asking them what they wanted for Christmas. Many kids including my own would ask for things like:
a spiderman(Josiah), a Barbie, a game, Legos, perfume...etc. Kathya is our newest little girl in the home. In case you have not read about her please check out her story in earlier posts. Well, this sweet little girl asked for 3 things. Hmmmmm, a barbie maybe, a new dress ...no.....new shoes.....no. She asked for a 20oz coke, a bag of chips and a apple....a red one she said with a smile. WOW! Makes us all seem alittle more than selfish don't you think and maybe a little materialistic. At least that is how I look at myself when I think of her humble request. By the way an apple is probably one of the most expensive fruits here so that is something really special for her. Just thought I would share that with you all so that you can share it with your children as they are making their wish lists whether it be for "Santa" or Santa Parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment