Team Honduras

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Things You Never Really Get Use to.........



We are in our fourth year here in Honduras and a total of five years living outside of the U.S.A.  Sometimes you just never get use to the the things that you see each day. Living in the states you see things and you kind of get use to them. Living here it is the same way. However, sometimes there are things that you see that you just never really get use to seeing. Waiting in line this week to drop Taylor off at the airport we saw at least 5 different homeless people. It is heart breaking watching them walk around begging for food, some half- naked, others with tattered and torn clothes, some that are to big, and they walk about like crazy people, talking to them selves and pointing of in the distance.  I started to think about the man in the Bible in Matthew 8:28-34.   Where all the people were afraid of him and he was naked and possessed with the devil.  Then, I started to think about how Jesus didn't pass this man by. He saved him. He gave him his life back and more abundantly. I never want to get to a place in my life where I can easily pass people by. I never want to forget what Jesus did for me. What kind of life HE saved from. (I'm not saying I had a bad life.....) I am stating that if I had not trusted Christ as my Savior I don't know where I would be today. As I sit here and type I pray that the Lord continues to have mercy on me and give with grace renewed each morning. I pray that I can extend that into compassion and love for others. I don't want to just do that here in Honduras but I hope and pray to be an encouragement to all that I know and meet. So, what about you today....are you going to continue to get use to things.....or pray that God gives you that same desire to see peoples lives changed through Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment