Team Honduras

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Waiting, Waiting, Waiting

Many times in our everyday life we are forced to wait. We wait at the checkout counter at the grocery store. We wait in a drive-thru line for a meal that we really don't need. We wait patiently to cook dinner as the pot of water begins to boil. We wait in the examination room of a doctors office even wearing a paper gown. How come it is so easy for us to wait on everything around us but we can not seem to wait on God or "HIS" timing.

To be honest this is something that I struggle with myself. We are about to leave everything we have ever known and move three times in the next two years. We have sold almost all of our possessions that we have acquired over the last 14 years with the exception of clothes, photo albums and a few sentimental things; like the kids first art projects or school papers and trophies. But I find myself worrying about things that I know that God will take care of . I know that God has sparked the journey that we are about to embark on and I believe that we are in fact following after "HIS WILL". Therefore, I know that in "His" time he will answer our prayers. We just have to be patient and wait. While doing my devotion this morning my key verse was Psalm 27:14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait I say, on the Lord. WOW! What a clear verse that needs no interpretation. Wait on the Lord, don't lose hope, wait on the Lord I say. Then it really hit me just be patient and wait. God does everything in "His" time. Some may think that we are something special because we have chosen to follow Gods directed path and become missionaries. Well we are here to say that we are no different than anyone else. We are just choosing to follow Gods will. Brother Travis Moots said in service Wednesday night "that we are all equal". God has given us all gifts that we need to use to bring God glory and honor. We are choosing to use our gifts to help open Hope of Honduras. So, I challenge you just like I am taking the challenge myself that no matter what is your path on the journey that you are making, be sure to wait upon the Lord. Don't make a move without making sure that it was one "HE" wanted you to make. Sometimes the wait may be long and other times it may be short don't lose heart God will give you strength if you wait on Him, HIS way is always right.


"All comes at the proper time to him who knows how to wait."

No comments:

Post a Comment