Team Honduras

Friday, July 17, 2009

Weathering the Storm


Well I know what you are thinking the storms are just beginning now. Well we had some of our own storms at the Coats’ house last night. Josiah was up all night crying and tossing and turning. He had no fever, no real signs of illness other than a slight cough and a very mild runny nose, nothing really out of the ordinary. However, from 2 this morning until about 7:00 am he cried and tossed. We could not sleep, so we would pray for him and others that came into our mind during the night. As the morning grew closer I decided that since I was already awake I would get the kids dressed and we would head to the doctor. Mark left for work and we were going to leave shortly after him. Then I noticed that my hands began to hurt and itch. I looked down and my fingers had swollen and I had white whelps on my hands and arms. I continued to get everyone ready and we got in the car and headed to the doctor. By this time it was 7:30 or so. We had not been away from the house 5 minutes and Josiah began to throw up in the car. So of coarse, we had to turn around and go back home to clean him and the car up. By this time the rash on my hands and arms had moved to my feet and legs. I looked like 100 bees had stung me. I itched and scratched all the way there and by this time it was down my legs and on my feet. We make it to the doctor and they saw us right away without an appointment praise the Lord. The doctor discovered that I had an allergic reaction to some soap that I was using and Josiah well bless his heart had a sinus infection and Strep throat. Yet, through all of this I could only think that there is someone else out there that has it worse than me. There are children out there that have signs and symptoms of illness but no momma or daddy to console them in the middle of the night. There are kids out there that have the hardest time weathering their storm and yet they do it all alone. I could not imagine not having God and my husband in my life to console me when I was hurt or sad. Yet there are so many people not just children that are alone left to weather the storm for themselves. Maybe you know someone who is hurting that needs comfort. We as Christians are suppose to “love thy neighbor as thyself.” Do we show kindness to others, is there someone that you know that could use a prayer or a card of encouragement? You could be a comfort to someone in his or her time of need. God is always in control and God is our greatest source of comfort. However, we are human and we long for human interaction. So next time you have a problem or a storm brewing in your life think of those who may be weathering the storm either as a lost soul dieing and going to hell or just a fellow Christian who needs some comfort until the sun shines down on them again. Someone once said that a candle loses nothing by lighting another candle. So share your light with someone today. Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment