I can not take credit for this one. Someone sent it to me via an email and I thought that it would and should be applied to our everyday lives. I have added a little bit to it however to make it my own. Below is a list of (7) things that you should do everyday.....wow and it's GOD's Perfect Number!
1. WAKE-UP!! When you wake up you just decide as soon as your feet hit the floor that you are going to have a good day. Psalms 118:24 says; "This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Regardless of what is going on in our lives the Lord saw it fit to give us yet another day to take a breath and enjoy what he has given us.
2. DRESS-UP!! The best way to dress ourselves up is to put on a SMILE! (I love this one)(maybe b/c I love to smile) But a smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks....imagine that ladies....you can't buy one of those in a department store... The Bible says in 1 Samuel 16:7; "But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart."
3. HUSH-UP!! Follow that rule that your mother gave you so many years ago...."If you can't say anything nice well then just don't say anythng at all." WOW! How come we never follow that advise. Oh, how much happier we would be if only we would learn to keep our mouths shut and just listen. God gave us two ears to hear and one mouth, so he must have meant for us to LISTEN twice as much as he wanted us to SPEAK! Proverbs 13:3 says "He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life: but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction."
4. STAND-UP!! We must as Christians stand for what we believe in. There is an old country song that says this...."you have to stand for something or you'll fall for everything." Oh what a truth. How come we have something and someone to stand up for but we let the world and the devil keep us from doing so. Do we stand up for the Lord and be a witness in a dark world? How many of you go out and pass out a track to someone you don't even know? We have so many opportunities and never take advantage of them. I am sure that we all go to a drive-thru window sometime during the week....when they hand you your change ...hand them a track....they won't say"NO". When you are in Wal-Mart and the cashier hands you the receipt....hand her a track and tell him or her that it has some valuable information in it that changed your life and you are sure that it will change theirs. Believe me...they want say "NO". The Bible says in Galations 6:9-10 "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not. As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
5. LOOK-UP!! We must look up and fix our eyes upon the Lord. If we truly believe on HIM and cast our sight on HIM all things are possible. "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Philippians 4:13
6. REACH-UP!! Not only must you look up but you must reach up and allow the Lord the be the center of your live. Proverbs 3:5-6 says "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths."
7.LIFT-UP!! You must always lift up your prayers to the Lord. The Lord tells us that we have not because we ask not. I don't want to miss out on a blessing from the Lord because I do not ask HIM to bless me or ask HIM for a specific need that I have. If we never bring it before the Lord how can we expect Him to help us. We should not worry about everything but pray about everything. Philippians 4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God."
I hope that you all try and apply these seven guidelines in your lives I know that they are going to be the focus in my own life.