Team Honduras

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Giving God All I have To Give.....in 2010


This Christmas season has been one that I will never forget. Not only was it one that was spent away from friends and family but it was time for us to reflect as a family on how God has truly blessed us.

God has blessed our family beyond believe. We are so amazed still....at the fact God has called us to such a journey. Now each day that passes only makes our hearts long for the people and the country that he has called us too minister too.

So for 2010 I plan on giving God all that I have to give. Our Pastor here in Tampa preached a sermon from Ecclesiastes 9: 1-10. The title of his sermon was "A Living Dog is better than a Dead Lion". It really made me stop to think about what I was doing for Christ here and now.

You see we may be little now and not very important but we can give all that we have to God and he can use it greatly. Or we can see ourselves in a comfort zone and always try to do everything on our terms and in our own time.... when we die it want matter anyway. The prophets of old did a great job at living for Christ while they were alive.....however, they are all past away and can do nothing from the grave. I want to know that while I am alive I am giving all that I can to the Lord. You see, we only have a short time to give, serve and share God with others. No man knows the day that he will take his last breath. So as for me, I want to make sure that I make each day count. I want to keep myself ready for God to use so, that I don't miss out on a blessing that he has for me. I also plan on memorizing at least 52 new passages of scripture. That is one a week. The best way to keep God close is to fill your heart and mind with HIS WORD. It will also help to defeat the devil when he throws those curve balls your way. I challenge you to memorize some scriptures and read Ecclesiastes 9:1-10 and see how God speaks to you in the new year.....


So, Happy New Year to all............and remember.....


"The Holy Spirit Fills Empty Vessels......are you willing to empty Yourself so that God can fill YOU UP?"

No comments:

Post a Comment