7 Commandments that God Gives Every Christian Mother:
1. Availability: every mother is to be available to her family morning, noon and night.
2. Involvement: a mother should interact with her children, discussing, thinking processing and reflecting life together. In other words you should know your children. What they like, what they don't like, who their friends are. etc.
3. Teaching: a mother should teach her children the bible, scriptures, truths and moral standards and how to have a biblical worldview. Mother's don't leave this up to the school or you will be doomed my friend.
Psalm78:5-6. Deuteronomy 4:10, Eph. 6:4
4. Training: A mother should help her child develop skills and discover his or her strengths and weaknesses. A mother should allow her children to be a shadow learning the things that they will need once they are on their own.
Romans 12:3-8, I Corinthians 12
5. Discipline: a mother will discipline her children according to the bible. She will teach them to fear the Lord, drawing a line of consistent discipline and doing it lovingly yet firmly.
Eph. 6:4, Hebrews 12:5-11, Proverbs 13:24, 19:18, 22:15, 23:13-14, 29:15-17
6. Nurture: a mother should provide an atmosphere of constant verbal encouragement and support, freedom to fail without persecution, acceptance, affection and unconditional love.
Titus 2:4, 2 Timothy1:7, Ephesians 4:29-32, 5:1-2, Galatians 5:22, 1 Peter 3:8-9
7. Modeling with Integrity: Living what you say, being a role from which your child will see your godly example and will want to follow. Do what you say and say what you do. Do not expect your children to do more than you do. Example: if you don't get up on time to go to church and you don't read your bible....don't expect your children to do it either.
Deuteronomy 4: 9, 15, and 23, Proverbs 10:9, 11;3 and Psalm 37: 18 and 37
The bible never states that every women should be a mom. But if God gives you this opportunity you need to take advantage of it and realize that you have been given a special gift. My question for you all is how do you want your children to remember you. Do you want them to remember the worldly mom or a godly mom?