Team Honduras

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Thankful for Friends with Lessons

Five years ago one of my best friends Valeria shared with me a very valuable lesson. Little did I know that her lesson would help me for many years to come. Josiah was born five years ago and Valeria taught me how to make homemade baby food. Since then, I have made it for Micah and now the twins. The lesson that she taught me could not have been more valuable. You see there are really no options here for vegetables in the area of baby food. The baby food they do have in the veggie area are almost $1.25 a jar. YES! a normal medium jar of veggies if you can find it is $1.25. So, I buy fresh produce which includes, butternut squash, acorn squash, green beans, peas, carrots, sweet potatoes, pumpkin and camote. Camote is a sweet potato like veggie here that is purple on the outside and white on the inside.  We want to keep providing and you can help. We could plant many of these things in our garden if we had the seeds. You can help us buy mailing seeds to grow these things in our garden.


The after....ready to feed the boys


Camote- a version of sweet potatoes






 

No comments:

Post a Comment