Team Honduras

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Whisper a prayer in the morning..................

Those are sweet words from a little song I taught my kids when we were in North Carolina. It goes like this:
Whisper a prayer in the morning,
Whisper a prayer at noon.
Whisper a prayer in the evening,
He will keep your heart in tune.
God answers prayer in the morning,
God answers prayer at noon.
God answers prayer in the evening.
He will keep your heart in tune.


How true is that. Also, how HE hears even a whisper from your heart and head.
Yesterday, Mark and I were sitting on our bed talking before school about how nice it would be to take the kids to the barber shop to get their hair cut. However, with 18 children it takes a lot of time to sit and wait and even money to get all of those heads cut. We left it at that and parted to our separate classes for the day.
Each day at 10 am we have morning snack and a break. Since Karla was off yesterday I decided that I would take all the kids in my class and Micah out for a walk around the soccer field while they ate their snack. We started on our way when a car drove up. It is not uncommon for people to stop by the church and visit with Pastor Matt or have discipleship classes. However, this couple was a new couple. In fact so new that Sunday was their first day at our church. He stepped out of his car and we began to talk and then he said that he wanted to know if our children could use haircuts. I am sure my jaw dropped as I looked at him. I said "yes actually they could use haircuts." In fact my husband and I were talking just this morning of how we wish we could take the kids to the barbershop. He said, " I am a barber and I even brought my own chair and my wife also cuts hair."
 WOW! We wanted to go to the barbershop but God brought the barbershop to us. What a huge blessing Anthony and his wife Yolane were to us yesterday. They got almost everyone's haircut before they had to leave. (keeping in mind they were here for over two hours cutting hair). When they left we had just had 9 kids with new haircuts. The kids even talked about how special it was that they came and they were new and came and wanted to be a blessing to us. Thank you Lord for how you always supply and hear even a whisper.





No comments:

Post a Comment