Team Honduras

Monday, June 6, 2011

The Start of Something New......

Yesterday, was the very first Sunday for Sunday School here at Iglesia Bautista El Faro. Mark and I have been given the opportunity to teach children's church during the preaching hour. As we entered the doors of the church on Sunday morning you could feel the excitement in the air. The people were there with smiles on their faces ready for a new dimension of learning God's word. The classes were broke up and everyone had a classroom. We have two nurseries, a class for 3-5 year olds, 6-9 year olds, 10-12 year olds, Teens, singles and then the adults. It was such a great Sunday morning to start new spiritual growth for the people of "El Faro". Quickly, after Sunday School Mark and I headed over to the classroom where one of our teen helpers along with 37, 6-9 year olds sat waiting for the start of class.

We started by taking them to the restroom and then we proceeded with the class. The kids were great. It reminded me of my teaching days at Hilltop. Even though it has only been two years since I have taught it  seems like forever since I was in front of the classroom. Mark did a great job of teaching the lesson and I introduced and taught the Bible verse and led some songs. While, I must say that it was a challenge because we still are babes in the area of Spanish...the children were great. They were well-behaved and very attentive......now don't get me wrong you always have those two or three kiddos that you have to keep reminding to listen, not talk and be still. However, the kids really acted like they enjoyed the class and responded well to our questions and activities.

Please help us by praying that Mark, Christian ( our teen helper) and myself will be able to witness to this young group of children. This age group is the largest in the church and at this stage of their life they are like sponges. They all had our memory verse memorized before the end of class. We are very excietd about the future of this class and look forward to seeing this class grow.

1 comment:

  1. Miss Amy - know that I read each posting - don't always comment - so others can have a chance. But each one helps me to be a little more grounded - and look for God's will. This morning as I prayed - I was selfish - I asked God to help me be more like you and Mark - to help change others towards God. I said - if I could be a little more like Mark and Amy - - I could do more of his work. Love you guys - each day you touch my heart in a way you'll will never know - have to stop now - - starting to cry. ME

    ReplyDelete