Team Honduras

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Share the Love......

  I remember when I was in high school we used the phrase "Share the Love". I am so thankful that today that phrase means so much more. We were given the opportunity to really share the love here in Honduras. We do not get to just share our love with each of them but we get to share the love of Christ with each of them. As all of the world celebrated Valentine's Day today with your special someone or parents with their children I hope that none of us forgot the true meaning of love. The bible says in John 3:16; "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believeth on him shall be saved". I know many were searching for the perfect gift yesterday or even today.......but the greatest gift in all the world has already been given. I am so glad that I was the recipient of that gift. I now have eternal life, I have hope, I have a friend that will never leave me or forsake me. I have a friend who knows my pain and my heart. I hope that you can say the samething today. We are so excited that all of the older children here in the home have accepted Jesus as their Savior. They continue to grow in his love and grace everyday.


We did Celebrate today by giving the kids Valentine's. We started out with sweet treats for breakfast....berry special muffins. Then, they each got a bag of chips which are a special treat. They also got a new pencil for school. They all loved them and we had a great day celebrating just being in a family where they were loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment