Team Honduras

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Fruit may be Invisible but God is always Working

As we finish up our third week here in Costa Rica we had a lovely test today in grammer. I felt like I was in school all over again. The anticipation of the test itself....(which is for a grade)......was still nail biting and it is not like we are needing the credits to move on in life to get a college degree. (lol) Then, tonight while reading my devotions I came across some verses that really made me stop and think.

It says in Hebrews 11:1-3 NOW FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (2) For by it the elders obtained a good report. (3) Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

WOW! That slapped me right in the face. Well, I do believe and have faith but it hit me that it must be in everything....EVERYTHING...that includes being here in Costa Rica taking a Spanish Class. For you it might be the news you get from the doctor or the bill that just came in the mail. I know that there are many people here in San Jose right now who feel like we are never going to get the language under our belts. But then I stop and think about the trees that the Lord has made and how they go through a time where they do not bear fruit. It does not mean that the tree is dead or the Lord does not have his hand upon it. The tree like us sometimes are just taking in and taking in until the Lord says that we are ready to be used.


I know that for Mark and I and the others here who have been called by HIM to do HIS WILL.....will prevail and learn the language of Spanish. God would not call us to do a work for Him if he was not confident that we could preform the task that he has called us to do. I myself get things a little easier...and I fully believe that it is becasue of my previous teaching skills which again the Lord led there and I was able to teach for six years. I do still get frustrated with myself because it feels like a ton goes in and a dribble comes out. That is where I have to humble myself and say....I know that I can not do this alone but through the help of the Lord around me and the poeple that he has put in my path. I know that I am not the only one in the world who feels this way and I am sure that many who are reading this now can put their name and circumstance in the blanks above. We have to be willing to let God move or else he will not be able to mold us the way he needs us to be.

But the truth is that Gods word is clear and that is if we have faith and believe in the things we can not see but know that he is working......he will use us for what he has called us to do. We will bear the fruit.

It is in vain to gather virtues without humility: for the spirit of God delights
to dwell in the hearts of the humble

2 comments:

  1. Señora Amy.¡Práctica hace perfecto! ¡Usted lo conseguirá! Soy seguro que usted se pregunta ocasionalmente, pero el señor le ayudará todo a aprender la lengua. Le amamos. Recuerde los proverbios 3:5 - 6 “confianza en el señor con todo el corazón del thine, e inclínese no al thine poseen entender. En todos las maneras lo reconocen, y él dirigirá las trayectorias thy.”

    Mrs. Amy, Practice makes perfect! You will get it! I am sure that at times you wonder yourself, but the Lord will help you all to learn the language. We love you. Remember Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not to thine own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.” - becky g.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you all and know that you will do great. We love you and are praying for your family. It is always great to learn about what you guys are doing and how the Lord is working through you as you follow His will. Love and prayers - The Griffin family

    ReplyDelete