In with thinking about a great cup of coffee one who drinks coffee and has a true love for it would NEVER.....use a tablespoon of instant in a hot cup of water. The perfect cup of coffee takes time...time to brew. (Unless you have one of those fancy machines). Even then you still buy the best coffee or at least what you consider to be the best anyway. In brewing the perfect cup of coffee I thought about how we form relationships with others. It takes time and attention to have a satisfying relationship with someone. You can't just add a little here and there and expect to have a great relationship. You need to add some flavor. You can add the following to your relationships by showing Christ love and you are sure to have one of the best flavored relationships around.
1. HELLO.....Talk to people. There is nothing as nice as a cheerful word or a greeting. (I have really learned that here) Just saying hello and asking them how they are brings a smile almost everytime.
2. SMILE......Here is something that we all learned in school. It takes 72 muscles to frown and 14 to smile. You do the math....smiling is a lot easier and well....more fun....(:
3. Call People By Name......Some of the sweetest music to anyones ear is the sound of their own name...and they know that you care because you remembered....
4. Be FRIENDLY and HELPFUL.......there are many ways that you can show these two actions. People do pay attention and they notice if you take the time.
5. Be Cordial. Speak and act as if everything that you do is a pleasure.....your heart will be glad that you did.
6. Be Genuinely Interested in People.....you can like everyone if you try.....(this is the most challenging)
7. BE GENEROUS with praise..........and cautious with criticism. (another tough one for us, I know)
8. Be Considerate......think about others feeling...it will be appreciated.
9. Be thoughtful of the opinion of others.....we might not agree but we need to be respectful (unless it goes against the BIBLE) but even then be respectful in your responses.
10. Be Willing to To Give Service......what counts is what we do for others.......
The Bible says in Proverbs 25:11 " A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in setting of silver."
All of these things take time. You are not gonna do all 10 everytime you see someone but 1-4 for be an automtic. Just like when you sit down to take the first sip of that perfect cup of coffee...you will also find how worth it it was to brew the perfect relationship.
One of the greatest things a man can do for his HEAVENLY Father is to be KIND to some of HIS other children.
|Me and Valerie....|
|Uncle Ronnie, Josiah, Aunt Myra|
There are so many photos that I could post but then I would have no more room. So know that I love you to all of my friends and family.