Team Honduras

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hidden Blessings......

  You know as I sit here on bed rest today...I started to think about "why in the world do I have to be on bed rest". We have less than 6 weeks left in Costa Rica. There is so much to be done. I have to finish learning the rules to "subjuctive", start to sell the things that we don't need and pack. Wow! So much to do. But then I started to think about the "Hidden Blessings" in the bed rest. One of coarse the health and safety of baby Micah. We want so much for him to be born in Honduras. With the other 3 children, I never had Braxton Hick contractions until like 8 months and then they were either on-time, late or in Josiah's case induced. So premature labor is all new to me. For those of you who really know me .....you know how independent I am. But, today has been a good time to reflect and think about all that the Lord has planned in my life. I am so thankful for the "Hidden Blessings" that he has put in my life. Things that you just don't think about everyday. I have written a list of things that I am thankful for that we don't always think about. I challenge you all today to look for "Your Hidden Blessings and see how God has blessed you.

1. Thank You for my wonderful husband who wants to "care" for his family.
2.Thank You God for kids who step up to the plate.
3. Thank You Lord for allowing us to have another baby....(those of you who know there was only a 20% chance of ever having another baby after Josiah....God is SO GOOD!!!!!
4.Thank You God for friends that are so caring and want to lend a hand and most important PRAY!!
5. Thank You Lord for a Good Doctor(here in Costa Rica)
6. Thank You Lord for my Empleada "Etelvina"
7. Thank You Lord for allowing me to be able to see my children everyday.
8. Thank You Lord for Your HAND of protection.
9. Thank You Lord for showing me how much I have to be "THANKFUL FOR"

1 Thessalonians 5:18 "In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning YOU".

Someone once said: "The finest test of character is seen in the amount and the power of gratitude we have.

2 comments:

  1. And a blessing you forgot. Thank you God for Amy and Mark and family that are un our lives here in the states. You guys bless our lives daily

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, keeping you in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete